My brother sent us this picture of my niece, and it’s become my new favourite! I just love that expression on her face. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I was going to make a layout with it!
I knew I wanted to pair the photo with this multicoloured dot paper from Studio Calico, so I went searching on the old Studio Calico member gallery for layout ideas. I ended up basing my page off of this gorgeous layout by Shannon Yates – I just loved the angles and lines!! I like that this layout has a lot of white space and draws the eye in to focus on the photo.
I picked out mostly wood veneer embellishments, with a sprinkle of pink enamel dots to echo the patterned paper. And I opted out of any journalling – instead, I added a sentiment sticker to serve as a simple title, encompassing one of the wishes that I have for my niece as she grows up.
- Multicoloured patterned paper from the Studio Calico Homestead scrapbook kit
- Pink patterned paper from the Studio Calico Bookmarked scrapbook kit
- Yellow patterned paper and white cardstock from Studio Calico
- Wood veneer hearts from the Studio Calico Savannah documenter kit and my stash
- Plaid tag from the Studio Calico Summit scrapbook kit
- Pink enamel dots from the Studio Calico Savannah and Hey Girl documenter kits
- Gold embroidery thread, gold foil washi tape and wood veneer ‘xoxo’ from my stash