It’s time for yet another traditional layout! I had some pictures of my niece that I knew I wanted to use in a layout, but I didn’t have a specific story that I wanted to tell with them. I wasn’t totally sure what to do, so I ended up following this sketch from the Studio Calico blog pretty closely, and used a lot of ‘everyday exploring’-themed stamps and some general sentiments to add words to the page.
I haven’t combined stamps all on one page like this before, and I really like the effect – I definitely want to experiment more with my collection of stamps in the future!
I love how all the white space makes this layout look clean and simple, and allows the colours to stand out. The original layout the sketch is based on layered washi tapes to make a uniquely patterned line to divide the page, and I thought that was a very cool idea so I did the same. I like that the gold foil is repeated on the sentiment strips, and even the edges of the enamel sticker.
I’m really happy with how this page turned out! It’s worked out as kind of a love letter to my niece, with the grey and gold sentiment strips being an expression of my hopes for her. One of my favourite layouts to date, for sure!
- Plain cardstock purchased from Studio Calico
- Stamps from the Silver Lake Lodge stamp set, in Color Theory ‘Power Suit’ ink
- Striped washi tape from the Scout documenter kit
- Gold dot washi tape and Amy Tangerine pink enamel heart from my stash
- Sentiment strips from the Starlight documenter kit
- Enamel flower sticker from the ‘Bookmarked’ scrapbook kit
- ‘Love’ puffy sticker from the Young at Heart documenter kit