I really loved this photo of my brother and my niece playing the piano at my parents’ house, so I decided to make a simple layout to feature it!
I started with the black and white striped paper, to echo the piano keys, and just layered in strips of patterned paper, printed vellum and washi tape – whatever scraps I had on hand in my colour palette that looked good together.
I decided not to add any journalling (there wasn’t too much of a story to tell), and just added a simple title with letter stickers, highlighted by some torn gold foil washi tape.
I love how this page turned out, and the fact that it helped me use up some of my scraps!
- Black and white striped paper from the Maggie Holmes ‘Open Book’ collection, purchased from Spotlight
- Gold foil washi tape, patterned vellum and red corrugated card from my stash
- Pink heart patterned paper from the Studio Calico ‘Fountain Square’kit
- Red and pink striped paper from an old Messy Box kit
- ‘More of this’ patterned paper from the Studio Calico August 2017 paper pad
- Letter stickers from the Studio Calico ‘Silver Lake Lodge’ Documenter kit